AT&T Synaptic Storage as a Service
Expand on-demand. Never run out of storage space again. AT&T Synaptic Storage as a ServiceSM is a cloud-based storage solution that easily scales up and down to any size you need. It provides elastic capacity on demand and allows access to your stored data from virtually anywhere and at any time. Pay only for the storage you use or contract for a certain amount of storage – you choose.
AT&T Synaptic Storage as a Service provides secure, virtualized storage that adaptively scales to any size you need, and is accessible from virtually any device, anywhere.
• Flexible pricing models allow you to choose to pay only for the storage you use or get special rates by committing to pay for a specific amount of storage with our Committed Storage Volume (CSV) option
• Scalable on demand as your storage requirements fluctuate
• Unlimited access to on-demand, pay-per-use storage
• Accessible online from virtually anywhere via an application program interface (API)
• Supports managed networks and a multi-layer security approach
• Four pre-defined storage policies to choose from
• Client search of objects feature
• Easily ingest data to AT&T Synaptic Storage as a Service depot
• Client provided SSL certificates for encryption and authentication into the Synaptic platform for security
• Choose, if you prefer, from one of our third party solution providers who have written to the AT&T Synaptic Storage API to act as a gateway between our service and your application data
AT&T Synaptic Storage as a ServiceSM mobile business application for AndroidTM
Too much data and not enough space on your mobile device? Now available for Android™ mobile devices, the AT&T Synaptic Storage as a Service mobile business app enables Android users to access their AT&T Synaptic Storage account and offload data into a highly secure and scalable storage cloud.
The app is designed to provide access to a secondary storage location so users can conserve space on their Android mobile devices. Users will be able to download/upload media assets, download/preview documents, and display the location history of their mobile device at the touch of a button or screen.
The AT&T Synaptic Storage as a Service mobile business application is offered as a free* download and provides:
- Virtual access to scalable and on demand cloud storage from virtually anywhere, anytime
- Usage based pricing with no commitments or up-front fees
- A low cost alternative to other remote shared storage products currently available in the marketplace
To download the FREE* mobile business app visit the Android Market.
Direct Media Loading
Direct Media Loading provides a fast and inexpensive solution to get your data to the AT&T Synaptic Storage depots. This service reduces the dependency on network which adds lead time for data to transfer by allowing customers to copy data to tape and shipping them to AT&T. Reduce transfer time to get data online and optimize existing assets or address capacity constraints almost immediately after being setup for AT&T Synaptic Storage.
Additional Optional Services
Client Provided SSL Certificates - Security feature whereby you supply your own SSL certificates for encryption and authentication of data while in transport into the Synaptic Platform allowing you to use your own SSL certificates and providing additional control over the security of your data.
Client Search of Objects - Provides a search function of the file level objects stored on the Storage Platform via an API call for the integrated ability to locate data.
Contact us to learn more about Client Provided SSL Certificates or Client Search of Objects.
EMC Atmos™ web1 services application programming interface (API) can be used to connect to AT&T Synaptic Storage as a ServiceSM allowing application developers to enable a customized commodity storage system over the Internet or over AT&T VPN. API Keys are used to authenticate you and direct your data to the container owned by you in the Storage 'cloud'. API Keys are provided within your profile in the Web Management Portal.
Not a developer? No problem! You also have the choice of using third party solution providers who have written to the EMC Atmos™ API and can act as a gateway between AT&T Synaptic Storage and your application data.2 These solution providers allow you to connect virtually any of your data applications to the cloud without having to write to the EMC Atmos™ API.
AT&T Synaptic Storage offers two networking options to access your data:
- Internet is the default networking option if you sign up for AT&T Synaptic Storage using this website.
- If you wish to use an AT&T VPN service option, please contact us today.
AT&T Synaptic Storage as a Service allows you to control how and where your data is stored. All of our policies include:
- Enterprise-grade network security
- Unlimited storage
- Available over the Internet or an AT&T VPN Service
Two storage policies are currently available:
- Policy #1 - Local Replication: Data stored in one location and protected using erasure coding.
- Policy #2 - Remote Replication: Data stored in two locations, with a copy maintained in one data center and replicated to a geographically remote data center.
By default, all of your data objects will be stored at one site using Policy #1. For data that requires special treatment, you can specify Policy #2 via the API to keep copies at geographically diverse locations.
Erasure coding is a software-based data protection scheme that allows for data recovery in the event of hardware failures. The technology splits each data object into ten equally-sized segments, adds two parity segments, then distributes these segments across different storage nodes within the platform. Should a hardware failure result in loss of up to two of the primary segments, the system is designed to reconstruct the original data using the parity information.3
1) Use of the EMC Atmos™ API is subject to acceptance of applicable license terms.
2) Enabler services are provided by the indicated service provider and are not provided by AT&T Inc. or its affiliates. You may be required to enter into a separate agreement or End User License Agreement with the service provider before being able to use it with AT&T Synaptic Storage as a Service. Descriptions of services or products are provided by the indicated provider and are not an endorsement by AT&T. AT&T does not guarantee or warrant that the enabler services offered by the providers listed are error free or that the programs or services work as described.
3) See agreement terms for important limitations.
Flexible Pricing Models to Meet Your Needs
With AT&T Synaptic Storage as a ServiceSM, you may choose to pay only for the storage you use or you may be able to get special rates by committing to pay for a specific amount of storage with our Committed Storage Volume (CSV) pricing option. To find out which pricing model makes sense for you, please contact us today.
AT&T Synaptic Storage has two pricing components: data access type and data storage policy. These components will be itemized separately on the bill, and together make up the total monthly price for the service.
- Internet Data Transfer (Inbound)
Total amount of data transferred into the platform during the month$0.00 GB
- Internet Data Transfer (Outbound)
Total amount of data transferred out of the platform during the month$0.10 GB
- Other Private Networking
Charge for private network connection, plus a data center cross connect feeContact Us
All storage policies include unlimited storage.
Fees (prices starting at)
Policy #1: Local Protection
Policy #2: Remote Replication
NOTE: The rates above are starting prices, inclusive of erasure coding or additional copies shows, as well as data transfer between AT&T data centers for policy #2.
For usage levels of 10 TB or more, monthly usage fees are billed based on usage tiers. Usage is itemized and calculated separately within each storage policy. For details, please refer to the AT&T Cloud Solutions Service Guide.
Currently there are no demos available for AT&T Synaptic Storage.
What is AT&T Synaptic Storage as a Service?
AT&T Synaptic Storage provides virtualized storage that adaptively scales to any size you need, and is accessible from virtually any device, anywhere. The service includes the following:
- Multi-layered security
- Flexible access via API
- Optional QoS features
- 99.9% availability SLA
How do I get started with AT&T Synaptic Storage as a ServiceSM?
Starting with as little as 1 GB, you can sign up for the service with your AT&T Account Representative or go directly to the AT&T Cloud Services portal.
Write to the Application Programming Interface (API)
Connect your existing application with our REST API.
Decide how you want to protect your data. Chose from:
• Policy #1 – Local Protection: Data stored in one location and protected using erasure coding*.
• Policy #2 – Remote Replication: Data stored in two locations, with a copy maintained in one data center and replicated to a geographically remote data center.
*Note: Erasure coding is a software-based data protection scheme that allows for data recovery in the event of hardware failures.
Assign Project Codes (Optional)
Set a project code for each policy so you can charge storage costs back to internal business units or customers.
Start using AT&T Synaptic Storage. As you add or remove data, your capacity adjusts automatically. Check your storage consumption at any time via the AT&T Cloud Services portal.
What Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are available for AT&T Synaptic Storage?
AT&T Synaptic Storage is backed by a 99.99% service level agreement for availability of the web services API. For details, please refer to the AT&T Cloud Solutions Service Guide.
What security has been built into AT&T Synaptic Storage as a Service?
With AT&T Synaptic Storage, you get the benefit of enterprise grade security features such as authentication of each request with an encrypted digital signature and intrusion detection and defense against distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) at the platform level.
How do I use the synaptic4r/synrest tool?
Login to the portal and visit the Guide and Documentation section of the portal for complete documentation.
Where will my data be stored?
Depending on the policy you choose, AT&T Synaptic Storage stores your data in one or more AT&T Internet Data Centers (IDCs). You can retrieve your data to almost any location – including a third party data center – using IP-enabled equipment from laptops to Web-enabled handheld devices.
How can I access my data?
Your applications will access data through the AT&T Synaptic Storage as a Service.
How can I request additional storage in the cloud environment?
The service automatically scales storage capacity up or down as needed, without manual intervention.
What is the maximum of storage that I can use?
There is no storage amount limit.